Monday, November 17, 2008

Panraven Online Storybook

After many trials and tribulations I finally got through getting an online storybook created in Panraven. I began in Tabblo and liked many of the features there much more, but I could not get my pictures ordered the way I wanted them to go. Panraven was much easier setting up the order of pictures for the storybook. I still had problems and my computer almost crashed. When I was finishing I realized many of my photographs were in low resolution so I don't know if it is worth trying to get this published. I would like to publish it because I think my granddaughters would love it, but I don't know if it will work. The pictures may end up looking grainy when they are printed so I'll have to do some checking on it first. I don't really know if I could use this for a class project. It was very difficult to get it set up and then most of the writing at least in Panraven didn't fit. I did notice there was other page layouts that possibly could have more text, but when I tried one of those layouts my computer froze and I ended up with a white screen that I am still dealing with. I think there must be an easier way to have students create an online storybook so I will have to investigate it much more. I would love to have them document one of their labs or inquiries though so I will have to think about it.

No comments: